To be a reliable and efficient Deposit Protection Scheme
that is responsive to the needs of the Depositor.
The Ghana Deposit Protection Corporation is a corporate entity established under the Act to manage the Scheme. The main functions of the Corporation include:
- To determine the levels of insurance premiums and to collect insurance premiums from members of the scheme
- To set coverage limits
- To pay off insured depositors
- To collaborate with International Deposit Insurance bodies
- To invest the moneys in the protection fund in securities approved by the Board.
- To borrow money to ensure attainment of the objectives of the scheme (Not borrow from members)